Life, Medical, and Health Insurance in Marion, Abingdon, Wytheville, Glade Spring, Chilhowie, Bristol, VA, and Surrounding Areas throughout Southwest Virginia
Individual Life Insurance
We know life insurance can be confusing and overwhelming. That is why we want to help you make informed decisions that protect the financial well-being of your family. You have a lot of different choices, so let us explain them to you as well as provide the policy coverage options in line with your budget.
Life insurance from Slemp Brant Saunders can help you secure your family’s financial future by providing the funds they need to: cover burial expenses, uninsured medical bills, pay off your mortgage and other outstanding debts, and maintain a comfortable standard of living. There are a variety of life insurance policies that we can provide.
The kind of policy you choose depends on your needs:
- Term Life Insurance
Term life insurance is a low-cost way of providing maximum coverage for your family. Term insurance generally provides the largest insurance protection for your premium dollar.
- Protection is provided for a limited number of years and expires beyond the policy period, usually 5 to 20 years. (Other policy life periods are available, including one-year annual renewable term.)
- Term insurance premiums will not increase during the guaranteed policy time (term) you select and pays a death benefit only if you die during that term.
- Term life Insurance remains in force for as long as premiums are current, provided there are no misrepresentations on the application. The insurance coverage terminates if you discontinue your premium payments.
- Universal Life Insurance
Universal life insurance is characterized by great flexibility.
- Policyholders can determine the amount and frequency of premium payments (i.e. the more you pay, the less time you will need to pay).
- Your premiums cover the insurance part, as well as the savings or investment element and the expense part.
- The stated interest on the investment portion changes along with movement in interest rates; moves in 1/4 % interest steps are typical as banks and other financial institutions make similar moves.
- Whole Life Insurance
Whole life insurance provides permanent protection for the “whole of life”, from the date of policy issue to the date of the insured’s death, provided that premiums are paid.
- Premiums are set at the time of policy issue and remain level for the policy’s life.
- Unlike term insurance, whole life combines insurance protection and savings or cash value which builds over time. Cash value build-up may provide a source for living benefits, for example, helping pay off a mortgage, or a child’s education, or cash surrender value if the policy is ever canceled.
These products are continually changing, and we can provide you with the latest information and policies available. Multiple options are available such as returning payments made, extending terms, flexible premiums, and more.
Individual Health Insurance
Individual health insurance programs are designed for individuals and families who cannot obtain health insurance through an employer, are currently not working, or own their own business plan. Health insurance has changed drastically in the past decades. If you find yourself in need of health insurance, you will probably get some sticker shock from the pricing of different health insurance coverages. However, due to the continually rising cost of medical care, it has become more important than ever to provide health insurance for you and your family. We know what you need to find – the right balance of coverage that also meets your health insurance budget.
Slemp Brant Saunders offers health insurance programs to individuals which offer extensive coverage as well as high-deductible programs which are designed to protect against catastrophic financial losses. As an independent agency, Slemp Brant Saunders can provide insurance plans from numerous health insurance companies with the most competitive rates.
Life and Medical Insurance coverage options include:
Life Insurance Options:
We can meet your needs for:
- Permanent Life
- Universal Life
- Whole Life
- Term Life
- Return of Premium Term Life (with this product all the premiums are returned to you at the end of the policy term)
- Fixed Annuities
- and more
Health Insurance Options:
Coverage options include:
- Major Medical
- Disability Income Protection
- Health Savings Accounts
- Medicare Advantage Plan
- Medicare Supplements
- and more.
Coverage options include: